Anti-Bullying Week 2017
This week CTS are supporting anti-bullying week, a campaign run by the Anti-Bullying Alliance to raise awareness on bullying and encourage all children, teachers and parents to take action on bullying throughout the year.
This year the theme is: 'All Different, All Equal'.
Aims of the week:
- Empower children and young people.
- Celebrate what makes them, and others, unique.
- Help children and young people understand how important it is that every child feels valued and included in school.
- Be able to be themselves, without fear of bullying.
- Celebrate difference and equality.
- Encouraging them to take individual and collective action to prevent bullying.
- Creating safe environments where children and young people can be themselves.
CTS encourage the initiative by promoting anti-bullying week within the school. We do this through a number of ways and events throughout the week, this year there will be:
- Posters up around school
- Challenge unwanted, unpleasant and derogatory language and behaviour.
- Do not give this behaviour an audience.
- Report this type of behaviour.
- Actively participate in tutor time activities to support others.
- Teachers have been asked to use blue backgrounds.
- Wear blue Friday.
- Hate crime workshops on Friday for year 7-9
Tutor time will be tailored specifically for anti-bullying week, see below for a timetable: