Applications open for the September 2020 entry on 10th September 2019. Parents will be able to apply for secondary school places for September 2020 from this date by applying to School Admissions at Northamptonshire County Council, closing dates for applications is Thursday 31st October 2019 – details on how to apply.
Please note as part of the admissions process, all applicants will be required to sit a cognitive ability assessment. All applicants will be placed in one of nine 'stanines' based on the results of the ability test and places will be allocated in a proportion that reflects the national ability range.Further information about the assessment.
Where we receive more applications than we have places, the following oversubscription criteria will be applied - After the admission of children with an EHC Plan where Corby Technical School is named as the appropriate provision, the following criteria will be applied to determine those children that will be offered places within each stanine: The criteria are listed in priority order:
- Children in public care including children who have previously been in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
- Children of staff where that member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage in the area.
- Children who have an older sibling who is attending the school at the point of application and who is expected to be on roll at the point of admission - (See Appendix 1 for definition of 'sibling')
- Children living in Corby.
- Other children based on the distance between home and school. Measurements will be carried out on a straight line basis from the child's home to the address point of the school. Home will be determined as the address declared on the Common Preference Form.
BWT Admissions Policy 2020-2021 onwards - click here