There is a wealth of safeguarding information that can be navigated using the menu in this section. Below is some further information for parents/carers who may require additional information during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
During the COVID-19 pandemic it is really important that students remain safe. If you have any issues regarding the safety or wellbeing of a student please contact the school using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many guides and documents available at the bottom of this page.
The BWT Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Annex can be found here:
Our School Nurse Team have shared some resources available to support our students through these challenging times:
Young Minds are an organisation who want to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health, and all young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what. For more information please follow the link below.
NHFT (Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust) have created videos which are available on YouTube to support children's emotional well being.
Support and advice on a range of issues is also available via the School Nurses with Chat Health, a confidential helpline for young people:
Chat Health 07507 329 600
Students will be online more than usual during the lock down, please watch this video prepared by TARGET.
- Advice and guidance for parents/carers for supporting mental health and well-being from Public Health England.
- Online safety guidance for parents/carers from Northamptonshire County Council.
- Online safety information regarding the social media platform TikTok.
- Guidance on supporting children and young people manage their worries and anxieties with regard to COVID-19. This information is from the Northamptonshire LAC team.
- Information from the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) that links to various other resources and web-sites to support young people.
- Bereavement resource booklet aimed at young people.
- Bereavement support for children and young people: A guide for parents/carers produced by the Northamptonshire Educational Psychology Services.
- NHS Northamptonshire Healthcare - information, times and locations of local Crisis Cafes operated by MIND.
- Information and support web-site Karma Nirvana regarding honour-based abuse or forced marriage.
There are resources available in other languages on the Northamptonshire County Council web-site.