A unique feature of life at Corby Technical School’s Sixth Form is the Elective Programme Afternoon, where Sixth Form students will be given the opportunity to diversify their curriculum. The EPA is designed to give you an edge over Sixth Form students leaving other Post 16 providers. Many of the EPA activities will allow students the chance to engage in high profile leadership opportunities both within the school and across the wider community. The ability to act as a leader is a key skill that is desired by both employers and universities alike.
One afternoon (two lessons) a week will be devoted to ensuring that students engage in activities that will make them more competitive when entering the job market or making a university application.
The EPA includes the following activities:
- First aid qualification for all Sixth Form students
- Pre-U skills course
- Study skill talks
- UCAS application sessions
- ASDAN qualifications
- Work experience
- Extended project (which is the equivalent of an AS Level)
- Open Learn units through the Open University
- Accredited mentor training
- Professional placements
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
- Sports Leaders Award