Home Learning (Self Isolating Pupils)
On this page you will find some useful information regarding home learning. You will have been directed to this page if you are unable to attend school due to COVID-19, for example, if your are self-isolating. Your teacher will place work on your class team in Microsoft Teams, please check the 'posts' and 'files' section for this work. Please work through this to ensure you do not fall behind with your studies. You should also be completing any homework that is on Satchel One - Show My Homework. You should follow your normal school timetable. You will find your timetable on the Satchel One App.
Accessing your work through Microsoft Teams
Accessing Hegarty Maths
Accessing Show My Homework (Satchel:one) - Including how to reset your password
Accessing Quizlet (Languages)
Staying Safe Online
Online Safety Advice from the Government and NCC
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
When students are working from home, it is inevitable that they will be spending more time than usual online.
With this in mind, please remember the importance of online safety. Childline give the following guidance:
- Think before you post
- Don’t share personal details
- Watch out for phishing and scams
- Think about who you’re talking to
- Keep your device secure
- Never give out your password
- Cover your webcam
Acceptable use ICT policy
Students should ensure they are following the Brooke Weston Trust Online Safety and ICT acceptable use policy which can be found on the Brooke Weston Trust website here.