School Nurse Service
Our School Nurse
The school nurse drop-in service is a young person’s health and wellbeing clinic based in Secondary Schools. The aim is to deliver a confidential, non-judgemental service providing information, advice, support and clinical interventions to young people regarding all health, social and emotional issues in a friendly, accessible and respectful manner.
The objectives of the drop in are:
- Raise awareness of health issues by providing information on a range of subjects relevant to young people and encouraging discussion in an informal setting
- Offer support and advice to young people who have concerns about any aspects of their health or who wish to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- Offer support with school and/ or family problems.
- Provide access for all pupils from year seven upwards to a professional to discuss any matter concerning them in confidence.
- Provide an opportunity for students to express their needs in an environment where staff can either meet these needs on site, signpost to a safe alternative provider, or where staff can highlight unmet needs to commissioning bodies.
If the young person requires an appointment a referral will be made to the school nurse team. Depending on demand there may be a waiting list.
If you think your child would benefit from seeing the school nurse, then please contact Mrs Toye (01536 213100 or firstname.lastname@example.org).